Global Gourmet Catering is proud to be the first Bay Area Green Business certified full-service catering company in Northern California. We embrace our environmental responsibility and commitment to our local San Francisco Bay Area community as well as that of the planet we all share.
In addition to offering seasonal, sustainably farmed organic cuisine, truly green caterers commit to incorporating environmentally friendly practices in their event production as well as their day-to-day operations. Here are some of the eco-solutions Global Gourmet currently practices for wedding catering:
- We source local, seasonal, organic ingredients featuring sustainably farmed produce, meats, seafood and wines.
- We recycle and compost in our kitchen, office and at every catered wedding in which we are involved.
- We dialogue with our purveyors and environmental experts, such as The Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch, regarding the most current options for sustainable ingredients and products.
- Global Gourmet has taken the “Farm Free Salmon Pledge”: we are committed to using only wild caught, sustainably produced fresh Salmon.
- We offer our clients the ability to socially “off-set” their wedding with cost effective matching meals for those in need through our relationship with Glide Memorial Church, which provides over 750,000 nourishing meals per year for San Francisco Bay Area residents in need.
- We serve San Francisco’s excellent tasting, pure quality tap water from the Hetch Hetchy reservoir whenever possible to reduce plastic packaging of bottled water.
- We prefer reusable service wares and offer 100% biodegradable products when applicable.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning agents for dishwashing and facility sanitation.
- Global Gourmet donates left-over wedding food to Bay Area food bank organizations, such as Foodrunners.
- We are committed to waste management and landfill deferment and offer "Zero-waste" event services as well as carbon-offset programs.
- We participate in San Francisco’s SFGreasecycle Program, which re-purposes used vegetable oil, creating BioFuel used to fuel San Francisco’s alternative-fueled vehicles such as public busses and utility trucks.
- We fuel our licensed catering trucks with BioDiesel20, which reduces emissions by 14 percent.
- Our staff is committed and trained to further reduce the impact of our footprint on our planet.
- Global Gourmet partners with other local eco-friendly wedding businesses and vendors such as florists, venues, event designers, photographers, lighting and transportation companies who also follow "green" practices.
We are proud to call organizations such as Cleantech, EarthJustice, the Bay Area Air Quality District, and Natural Resources Defense Council, as well as corporations that are leading the way to develop green technology, such as Google and Cisco Systems, amongst our clientele.
Join us in making our community and the planet a better place by greening your wedding. We’ll make it easy!